Wednesday 7 May 2014

Photography Tips and Tricks: Part V


Hello everyone. The trick that I am gonna talk about today is applicable to the one's who have camera's with manual focus.

Ever wanted to take photos like this?


One thing I must admit is that taking these kind of photos requires lots of patience and fair amount of luck.

I got this photo only couple of days back. We had unexpected rains in my city. I saw these beautiful drops near the window sill and captured it.

So now lets move on to the technique.

1. Set your camera to manual focus.

2. You would need faster shutter speeds, I prefer 1/1500 sec and above. I           shot the above photo at 1/2000 sec.

3. Now you need to use trial and error to set the focus right. But the trick that     worked for me is focus at the point where the drop is generated. Focus at       the red circle in the below photo:



4. I have used aperture priority mode while taking this image with f5.6.

5. If you have a zoom lens use it, if you don't then it doesn't really matter         that much.

6. Lastly, shoot many images until you get the picture perfect.

That's it. So from now on whenever you see water dripping from a window sill or any other surface make sure you capture it and paste the link to that photo in the comment section below.

Few more photos:




P.S: If you have any other such idea, please let me know in the comment section below. Also feel free to share this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment